I've been looking at my social media presence as a whole over the past few...um, years?...and realizing that I've become an echo chamber. Sharing links on Facebook, retweets, likes and reblogs on Tumblr - but original content has been thin on the ground. Hell, I didn't even manage to blog about a trip halfway around the world in a timely fashion.
So I'm making a commitment to post original content every day for the entire month of November. gridlore is doing Nanowrimo, so we can be partners in this insanity.
And what will I post? That's at least partly up to you. Taking a cue from fragbert, I'm going to put a list behind the cut tag, and will take suggestions from the audience. You can give me a prompt with or without a specific date, and I'll update the list as they come in. If I don't have a prompt for a particular day, I'll check the latest Writing Lab prompts, or give you bullet points about my day, or something.
- NaBloPoMo intro Done.
- (gritsinmisery) Places you would visit on the North American continent (other than Black Rock) if money and health were no objects. Done.
- (lilalanor) Maybe your favourite photos you took in Turkey and why? (I am always here for people explaining beloved travel photos I don't know) Done.
- (bkwrrm_tx) If money weren't an issue, what would you like to be doing for a living? Done.
- (miintikwa) What do you want to be when you grow up?
- (silkensteel Pull three tarot cards at random. Rather than their being "past, present, future" have them be "beginning, middle, end." Pull a fourth, what facet of your life does it remind you of? Apply the cards to the beginning, middle and end of that facet - what do you see? Done.
- Dickens Fair 2016 w/murphymom Done.
For those of you coming to visit from the Official Blogroll, welcome! To crib from my intro post for my aborted attempt at LJ Idol in 2013: I'm K`shandra (not legally, but I'll answer to it in public at least as readily as I do my birth name). Life long San Francisco Bay Area resident, married since 1991 to the aforementioned gridlore, also a Bay Area native. I'm morbidly obese and middle aged; I trend toward the introverted side of ambiversion, and self identify as a recovering depressive (directly analogous, IMO&E, to being a recovering alcoholic). My passions are science fiction conventions and Burning Man, both attending and volunteering; my current Default World boss is someone I work with in the desert. I have too many stuffed animals and not enough bookshelves, too many half-finished craft projects and not enough hours in the day to finish them.