...albeit not the one gridlore
is doing, because I couldn't get past the first question.
- Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
- List (and upload/link) 5 songs you love that begin with that letter.
- Post them to your journal with these instructions.
gave me J.Jackpot (Bruno's Bop) - Bruce Willis
- An even bigger musical guilty pleasure than Barry Manilow. (And say what you like, that man can WAIL on the harmonica.) The audio and video are sadly out of sync on this video, but it's the only one I could find.JAM - Michael Jackson
- For those who've only met me recently, I'm one of those weird posthumous fans. My musical tastes have remained true to my generation throughout my life, so it wasn't as though I had no knowledge of his career - I was there when Off the Wall
were all released - but his music never grabbed hold of me the way other artists did; I enjoyed it when I encountered it randomly, but didn't seek it out, and came to regret that in the wake of his passing. Dangerous
may actually be my favorite of his albums, and this is probably one of my top two favorite songs of his. And if you only watch one of the five videos I link to here, I would ask you to make it this one. It's minimalist, particularly for a Michael Jackson video, shot in abandoned buildings and largely in silhouette; even backlit, the two Michaels of the video (Jackson and Jordan) are unmistakable whenever they appear. And the sequences throughout the video of the two superstars trying to teach one another their very best moves are a delight to watch.Jesus He Knows Me - Genesis
- The original video
is brilliant, skewering the televangelist collapse of the late 80s and early 90s; the live performance takes that energy and builds on it brilliantly.Jet City Woman - Queensryche
- This song crawled into my brain and made itself at home when I wasn't looking. I didn't even know who recorded
it...and then Doug and I saw them on a triple bill with Alice Cooper and Heaven & Hell, and I damn near exploded when I recognized the opening chords. I've attempted it at karaoke a couple of times; I will consider it one of my greatest accomplishments ever the first night I nail it.Jump Around - House of Pain
- I loved this song even before B-Weezy made it his