Thank you to everyone who has sent me birthday wishes so far, both in email and on LJ.
The theme for today is Because I Can. I dropped gridlore
off at lightrail this morning, instead of driving him all the way to work, and went back to bed for 45 minutes - Because I Could. From there, it was into the shower, and then my wardrobe choices for the day:
- Pink tie-dyed circle skirt (which would look a lot better if my ghetto booty didn't make it 4" shorter in back, but that's okay)
- Black tank top from pentaclemoon (not the velvet one, the one from the twinset)
- The shawl jilesa made me for $WINTERHOLIDAY last year, which is bi pride colored and glittery (and has an end I need to weave back in, but I never remember until I'm actually wearing it)
- My bottle necklace from elynne (the message in mine is spirit ~ quest ~ help ~ flow ~ music)
- The Celtic-knotwork ring h2ocrazyguy got me at BayCon (thanks again, sweetie!)
- A Birthday Princess ribbon rosette that matches the wand I borrowed from supersniffles
- And a tiara. Because I Can.
Tonight after work will be dinner with Doug (he suggested Chili's
originally; I'm going to counter with BJ's
- Because I Can), and he has promised/threatened to make sure all the waitstaff know it's my birthday. (I reminded him the tiara was probably going to give it away.) There will be photos.